Be sure to check out the many posts below the graphics on this page!
We all know the mobile usage has been growing rapidly in the past few years, with the increasing popularity of smart phones. Surprisingly, the vast majority of companies still do not have a mobile-optimized website!
Here are a few more facts on mobile that you may find interesting:
1. Mobile internet usage is projected to overtake desktop internet usage by 2014. (Source: Microsoft Tag)
2. 74% of consumers will wait 5 seconds for a web page to load on their mobile device before abandoning the site. (Source: Gomez)
3. 46% of consumers are unlikely to return to a mobile site if it didn’t work properly during their last visit. (Source: Gomez)
4. One half of all local searches are performed on mobile devices. (Source: Microsoft Tag)
5. The majority of us use our smart phones while at the store (Source: Google)
Nine More BIG Reasons to take your business mobile!
1. The growth of the iPhone was 10 times faster than the growth of America Online. (Source: Nielsen) (This is an amazing statistic for those of us who remember mailboxes stuffed with AOL discs during the 1990s.)
2. It takes 26 hours for the average person to report a lost wallet. It takes 68 minutes for them to report a lost phone. (Source: Unisys)
3. There are 6.8 billion people on the planet. 5.1 billion of them own a cell phone, but only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush. (Source: Mobile Marketing Association Asia)
4. In some countries, there are more mobile subscriptions than there are people. (Source: Mobile Marketing Association) (How can this be? It’s because some people own more than one mobile phone.)
5. It takes 90 minutes for the average person to respond to an email. It takes 90 seconds for the average person to respond to a text message. (Source: CTIA.org)
6. 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour. (Source: Mobile Marketer)
7. Mobile coupons get 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons. (Source: Borrell Associates)
8. There are more mobile phones on the planet than there are TVs. (Source: Jupiter)
9. 91% of all U.S. citizens have their mobile device within reach 24/7. (Source: Morgan Stanley)
Mobile Marketing Takeaways
Try mobile marketing for yourself. If you’re like most people, you’ve never scanned a QR code or clicked on a mobile banner ad. But you have to use mobile marketing to understand mobile marketing, so dive in.
In addition, make sure you have a mobile-optimized website. There’s no point getting into mobile if your business’ website isn’t mobile-friendly.
The bottom line? Mobile is here to stay, and your consumers are using it virtually every day of their lives. Given that, isn’t it time for you to get started and dive into the world of mobile? Hopefully, the statistics and takeaways we’ve outlined above will lay the foundation for you to take the next step.